The plan was 1 day Singapore City tour, then an overnight at LEGOLAND Malaysia, before returning again to Singapore to finish the remaining days of our vacation.
Our mode of transportation in Singapore is via taxi, which proved to be more convenient and faster for a family of 4. Travel by taxi was a bit expensive, but it saved us some walking time and energy to enjoy the attractions more. Remember we were travelling with children and the attractions are NOT really right next to the MRT. It would take another 8-10 minutes of walking . Under Singapore's humid weather - walking is an absolute punishment to the young kiddos.
Here is our 8D/7N itinerary (will add links and details as I finish writing them).
Day 1 - Singapore City
Day 2 and 3 - LEGOLAND Malaysia
Day 4 - Jurong Bird Park and Science Center
Day 5 - Singapore Zoo (with breakfast with the Orangutans)
Day 6 - Sentosa Island
Day 7 - Universal Studio Singapore
Day 8 - SEA Aquarium and Vivo City
I tried to pack in as much attractions as I could, but with children in tow, too much is impossible. So instead, I tried to be realistic.
- Plan ahead. My rule of thumb is at least 6 months preparation. The earlier you book your air travel and hotels the more you save.
- Travel light. Pack light cotton clothes with the same color hues for easier matching. Make a list of things to bring (with your passport, money and travel vouchers on the top of the list).
- Plan your itinerary. There are so many things to do in Singapore. With limited time, you would have to learn to prioritize which ones you really like. Group attractions near each other.
- Buying SGD. We got ours from our main bank. You would be unable to buy SGD unless you have a bank account. If that would be a problem, you would be happy to know that you can easily exchange your Philippine Pesos to Singaporean Dollar at the Changi Airport.
- Budget. Budget all depends on where you stay and what you intend to do. Cost is slightly more along Orchard Road and mostly tripled inside parks and resorts. Our budget for 4 pax is:
- Food - breakfast at SGD20-30; lunch and dinner at SGD 40-50 each.
- Taxi transfers depending on where you are going. From Orchard taxi fare is about SGD15-25 (including peak surcharges) from most tourist attractions.
- Trip Advisor Singapore
- Exchange Rates - XE Currency application allows you to convert for multiple currencies at the same time.
- My Sentosa Plan your Stay - was helpful in planning and deciding which attractions to visit, but was a poor navigation guide.
- Offline Maps. I downloaded some, but found the free maps at Changi more useful.
- good quality selfie-stick
- 3 prong British Standard outlet
- extra battery pack
- light jacket
- umbrella (in Singapore it is either raining or the scorching sun is out)
- face towel (bring a handheld fan if you have one)
- be sure your have comfortable shoes. Singapore is the walking capital of Asia!
- also bring: plenty of water (water in Singapore is potable, you can buy a bottled water and refill to save on money) and tissue (hawker centers charge extra for tissues).