Sunday, December 16, 2018

Hotel Review ~ Amara Hotel Singapore

I have chosen Amara Hotel specifically for its location.  I wanted to stay within walking distance from Chinatown.

We arrive at the hotel at 12nn, which was 2 hours earlier than regular check-in time.  

I appreciate that reception was kind enough to have our rooms available and ready for a complimentary early check-in.  So we got our key cards and headed to straight to our room at the Executive floor to freshen up before touring officially starting our Day 1 agenda.

Room size (32sqm) was adequate for our need.  It was just me an my husband so we really don't need much  space. 

The room came with a handy phone with internet connection that can use touring Singapore, free mini bar (replenished daily) and espresso machine.  


My husband approves ~ Yup, comfortable!



Bathroom is good sized, with separate bath tub and shower area.  They were quite generous with the toiletries as well.

I love that the towels were new and nicely washed.


They have a working table for business travelers.  My husband brought his computer as he was expecting an important Skype meeting.  



Look what Amara got me :P   
I finished the whole thing (oh the calories) as my husband napped.

 

The view from our room.



Our package also allowed us access to the Executive  Lounge ~ with complimentary breakfast, tea time (2-4pm) and nightly cocktails (6-8pm).

Just in time for "Tea Time"...




VERDICT
  1. Location is perfect.  It is connected to 100AM (where a Don Don Donki store is located) with Tanjong Pagar market across the street and plenty of food options within walking  distance.  It is also easily accessible by bus (bus stop a few meters away, MRT via Tanjong Pagar Station - 400 meters and Chinatown Station 1km, taxi is also easy to hail).
  2. Check in and Check out was fast and easy, though I was surprised we were not ushered to a lounge check-in
  3. Lounge staff were very nice and I really felt really welcomed, however, food at the Executive Lounge lacks imagination, it was just okay (I was expecting a more flavorful flair). Sadly breakfast was the same for our 3 days stay.
  4. Our room was a bit dated, but was comfortable.  It was clean and we slept soundly so I have nothing to complain.
  5. The pool was under construction so we never got to use nor check it out.  I learned that they hotel was undergoing refurbishment, so that's good! 

Given so many hotel options in Singapore, it is tough to say, if I would want to stay here again, unless we need to stay somewhere near Chinatown again.   Our 3 nights was acceptable though I felt the hotel can do so much more.   


For inquiries please check their website: 
165 Tanjong Pagar Road,
Singapore 088539​
​​Tel: +65 6879 2555
Email: singapore@amarahotels.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visita Iglesia ~ via Laguna Loop

The Visita Iglesia refers to one of the Filipino Catholics' popular traditions of visiting at least seven churches during Holy Week on ...