Covid 19 locked us in our homes for what seemed like an eternity!
I am really excited, businesses are slowly opening up again. The economy so needs a boost. So for the next two (2) years we are postposing international travels and simply experience "Local".
Our first out of town trip is at Cintai Corito's Garden. The resort was named after the Indonesian word for "Love", "Cintai" and the owner's wife named "Coritos" who unfortunately died of terminal illness. True to it's name, "Cintai Coritos" is a testament of the owner's love for Madam Coritos.
This Balinese-inspired resort is less than two (2) hours drive from Manila and very accessible via the STAR Tollway.
BALI THEMED RESORT
As we drove in to the resort's gate ~ we were easily transported to paradise. It is obvious that a lot of love went through maintaining Cintai's beautifully landscaped garden.
We also can't help but wonder the dedication and passion that went through building a place this grand. The owners spared no cent in making sure the resort hits the "Bali theme" mark.
The place is really beautiful, peaceful. It is the perfect place to unwind.
We booked the resort via Agoda, I have unclaimed rewards from 2019 (back in the days, when travelling used to be easy) near expiry.
I booked a Terrace Villa , but thanks to an Agoda promo we got an automatic room upgrade to a Garden Villa (
We arrive at the resort at 1pm, hoping to get an early check-out. But sadly, they were a bit strict on their check-in policy and was asked to wait. It was fine though, as we haven't eaten and took our extra time to have lunch at "Abadi's", Cintai's restaurant.
My boys ordered each a club sandwich, while me and my husband shared pad thai, Cintai's signature salad and grilled tuna belly. Our orders were good, but not to die for.
For dinner, we requested for room service. We ordered, classic American burger and fish fillet sandwich for the boys, Batangas lomi, pad thai (again) with suman con tsokolate and tablea cake for dessert. All orders were spot on delicious. Sadly we forgot to take photos of our order. The lomi and suman con tsokolate are highly recommended.
Set breakfast, comes with our accommodation. My boys had longaniza, while I had daing na bangus. Their breakfast meals were delicious. Coffee is to so good here (and you can ask for a refill, skip the sugar and try with either the suman or tablea cake).
Room was available at 2pm sharp, not a moment later. We stayed at the Villa 11 and was quite a walk down a flight of steps. I pity our poor porter carrying our heavy bags.
The route though was scenic and young ONES will surely be entertained with the various fauna and flora along the way.
The Garden Villa is huge and comfortably fit three (3) queen sized beds. Not much to see inside the rooms though (yes no TV, no phone either). Which is not a problem, as there is much to see outside.
The room opens to a patio, which would have been nice, if not for soldier ants occupying the area.
- Please be forewarned, it is a huge resort which requires a lot of walking and going up and down flights of steps; TIP: Take a photo of the resort map (near the reception area). It would come in handy. I have included a photo of the resort below for easy reference;
- There is no complimentary internet connection;
- No TV in your room;
- No phone/intercon inside the room to call room service/house keeping (You would have to make your way up and down those steps if you need something)
- Not really sure if they have hot/cold water in the shower, but we sure were not lucky to get any;
- There is only one (1) restaurant and menu options slightly limited; Serving is small (an order good for 1-2 persons) and a bit expensive; Food service was also a bit slow, not sure but maybe they are working on limited manpower.
- We were required to submit antigen test, but was dismayed to see they are open to day tour walk-ins mixing with their in-house guests. Walk-ins are excepted from submitting negative antigen test.
- Near Manila and very accessible; Great for a quick getaway,
- The place is clean and well kept; It is tranquil and perfect for much needed rest and relaxation, away from the craziness of work;
- The resort is perfect for taking photos. Every nook is "Instagram" worthy!
- Staff were accommodating, but not intrusive.