I was the designated scout for a recent family swimming getaway.
The task was simple enough:
Find an affordable, clean private pool venue for a 20+ persons, near the Metro (with no more than 30 minutes to 1 hour travel)... GOODLUCK ME!
So where do I find one?
We are from Taytay and my bets are private pool rentals in Tanay and Antipolo.
Our search led us to Cattleya Resorts in Antipolo, just 30 minutes away from where we live. Cattleya Resorts as of writing is made up of nine (9) private rental pools. Rental price range from P4500 to P12000 for day (9am-5pm)use and P5500 to P14000 for a night (7pm-7am) use.
- Corazon - day P12000 / night P14000
- Isabel - day P10000 / night P12000
- Cristina- day P7000 / night P9000
- Dominique- day P10000 / night P12000
- Maricor- day P8000 / night P10000
- Catherine- day P7000 / night P9000
- Arabella- day P7000 / night P9000
- Patricia- day P4500 / night P5500
- Imelda- day P4500 / night P5500
Pools 1 to 7 are good for 50 persons, while pools 8 and 9 are good for 12 persons.
The package comes with:
- Free use of a videoke machine (but may be used up to 12midnight only in observance of the barangay Noise Ban Ordinance);
- Barbeque grill (bring your own charcoal);
- Air-conditioned rooms (number of rooms depends on the pool you are renting);
- Private restrooms;
- Kitchen (with refrigerator and stove);
- Children's playground
We have checked out two of Cattleya's pools: Cristina and Catherine.
Cristina has a more scenic view, as it is located at the top most portion of the resort with plenty of trees to block off the scorching sun, however, I find it a bit dated (I think it is one of the first pools to be built in the Cattleya resort's complex).
Pictures of the Cristina Pool
The bedrooms and bathroom were clean and spotless.
Our choice is the Catherine. It has the same facilities as the Cristina, but is newer built. It is located a bit downhill from the resort entrance. Which was fine as it offered more privacy.
Plenty of tables and chairs.
There is also kiddie pool.
My first boodle fight experience - Fun but such a Riot!
You need not go far to have a wonderful summer getaway.
- Cattleya resort offers affordable and clean private pool for family enjoyment.
- We love that it is very accessible to where we live, meaning more time spent bonding and swimming over travelling.
- Booking was easy and transaction smooth.
- We had a real good time and would not hesitate to come back.
Cattleya Resorts is located at
Colaique, Sitio Ibabaw,
Bo. San Roque, Antipolo, Rizal
For reservations call:
0917-8169759 or 6965839
(look for Vicky or Peregrino)