Ace Water Spa: A SPA-riffic Staycation
One need not travel far, to have some relaxing bonding time with the family.
An advertisement on the newspaper led us to the newest staycation fad in the Metro - Ace Water Spa, Pasig.
Ace Water Spa is a do-it-yourself, hydro-massage spa that uses "ultrasonic jet system" to massage specific pressure point areas of the body. Like real massage it soothes and relaxes tired and stiff muscles, but since it is do-it-yourself, it is perfect for ticklish individuals like me :P
Ace Water Spa Suite ran a soft opening promo - A 20% discount on room accommodation with freebies got me to book a room for my family. The promo included deluxe room accommodation, free spa tickets for 2, buffet breakfast for 2, additional 2 - P200 off coupons at the spa and wine.
Upon check-in, however, the nice hotel receptionist said we qualified for an additional night. Apparently the first 100 bookings also get a night (room only) free. What we initially thought was a 2D/1N staycation, turned out to be 3D/2N (I was like yeah!!).
The deal was a real steal!
|Ace Water Spa, Pasig fascade|
|Our room for 3D/2N|
Our room was decent, clean and comfortable, however, there was a smell of cement-dust in the hallways, from the on-going constructions on the other floors (only 3 floors are servicing at the moment). Bad for those with allergies.
|Bathroom was small, but adequate.|
|We were however, not so crazy about this glass, see-through window that gives you a command view of the bathroom - not pretty!!! |
I hope they put up a pull down curtain or blinds.
|My 4 year old has a fascination with luggage tables (hmm!)|
|Doors are keyless via a proximity card.|
|Waiting for the elevator.|
Breakfast is served at the Ace Coffee Shop located at the ground floor. There were plenty of food options and most are quite healthy.
|The view from the Ace Coffee Shop|
(1) They are quite strict on bathing suits/trunks. Normal cotton tops, would not stand the very high water pressure. So better bring fitted suits to avoid any suit malfunction.
(2) Bring towel. Rental cost is P150.
(3) You may take your towels/robes with you as you enter the spa, there are shelves near the pool were you can keep them. The walk from the bathroom heading towards the spa could be quite cold.
(4) To get the most out of the Water Spa experience, come on a weekday, early morning or late night. The spa opens at 6am and closes at 11pm.
(5) Camera and food not allowed inside the spa.
(6) They do allow kids inside, but I would suggest you leave them behind if you want to make the most out of this relaxing experience. My four year old, was not very fond of the massages and my husband and I would have to take time off taking turns looking after my son in the kiddie pool.
We simply love Ace Water Spa.
ACE WATER SPA Pasig City
United St., cor. Brixton St.
near Pioneer, Pasig City
Trunkline Number: (02) 451.1111