We arrive at the hotel at 12nn, which was 2 hours earlier than regular check-in time.
I appreciate that reception was kind enough to have our rooms available and ready for a complimentary early check-in. So we got our key cards and headed to straight to our room at the Executive floor to freshen up before touring officially starting our Day 1 agenda.
Room size (32sqm) was adequate for our need. It was just me an my husband so we really don't need much space.
The room came with a handy phone with internet connection that can use touring Singapore, free mini bar (replenished daily) and espresso machine.
My husband approves ~ Yup, comfortable!
Bathroom is good sized, with separate bath tub and shower area. They were quite generous with the toiletries as well.
I love that the towels were new and nicely washed.
They have a working table for business travelers. My husband brought his computer as he was expecting an important Skype meeting.
Look what Amara got me :P
I finished the whole thing (oh the calories) as my husband napped.
The view from our room.
Our package also allowed us access to the Executive Lounge ~ with complimentary breakfast, tea time (2-4pm) and nightly cocktails (6-8pm).
Just in time for "Tea Time"...
- Location is perfect. It is connected to 100AM (where a Don Don Donki store is located) with Tanjong Pagar market across the street and plenty of food options within walking distance. It is also easily accessible by bus (bus stop a few meters away, MRT via Tanjong Pagar Station - 400 meters and Chinatown Station 1km, taxi is also easy to hail).
- Check in and Check out was fast and easy, though I was surprised we were not ushered to a lounge check-in
- Lounge staff were very nice and I really felt really welcomed, however, food at the Executive Lounge lacks imagination, it was just okay (I was expecting a more flavorful flair). Sadly breakfast was the same for our 3 days stay.
- Our room was a bit dated, but was comfortable. It was clean and we slept soundly so I have nothing to complain.
- The pool was under construction so we never got to use nor check it out. I learned that they hotel was undergoing refurbishment, so that's good!
Given so many hotel options in Singapore, it is tough to say, if I would want to stay here again, unless we need to stay somewhere near Chinatown again. Our 3 nights was acceptable though I felt the hotel can do so much more.
For inquiries please check their website:
165 Tanjong Pagar Road,
Tel: +65 6879 2555
Tel: +65 6879 2555