A day in Sentosa is not enough to go visit it's multitude of attractions. There were really just so many to choose from.
We decided to buy the Sentosa 1 Day Pass online via the Sentosa website and hoped we can get the most out of the ticket cost by visiting as much attractions as we can.
The Sentosa 1 Day Pass allows you one time access 20 attractions.
Our Sentosa itinerary:
- 10am - Trick Eye Museum. My boys love this one and we had so much fun posing and interacting with the exhibits.
- 12am - Lunch at Malaysian Food Street. Located right next to the Trick Eye Museum. It is actually a food court. There are plenty of food options with prices not far from the ones outside Sentosa.
We took the Sentosa Express from Waterfront Station to reach the Imbiah Station for the next agenda.
- 1pm - Images of Singapore Live (IOSL). Entering IOSL was like being transported back to Singapore's history. Unlike regular exhibits, IOSL employs actors playing parts in Singapore's historic past. It was very entertaining and highly recommended. It is just unfortunate, cameras were not allowed inside.
- 2pm - Madame Tussaud Wax Museum. Right next to the IOSL is the Madame Tussaud Wax Museum. We have been to the Madame Tussaud in HK, SG's was not very different, save for a boat ride which unfortunately was under maintenance when we visited. If you have been to any of the other Madame Tussaud Museums, you may give this one a skip.
- 330pm - 4D AdventureLand (Journey 2, Desperados, Extreme Log Ride and Green Lantern). If you are running short of time, you can just do the Journey 2 and skip the rest of the shows.
- 430pm- Skyline Luge Sentosa. This was the most fun, which also happens to have the longest queue. Going down the slope was exciting, though the boys enjoyed going up better.
Went back to Festive Hotel via the Sentosa Express to freshen up.
- 730pm - Dinner at Ruyi at the Forum
We again took the Sentosa Express from the Water Front Station and alighted at the Beach Station.
- 840pm - Wings of Time is a wonderful and unique show. Unfortunately for us it started raining and we weren't able to finish it (Note: Wings of Time is an open air seating. If weather is bad, please bring ponchos and umbrella).
What we have missed, which were part of the Day Pass Package (the boys were too tired):
- Tiger Sky Tower - It was supposedly part of my planned itinerary, but the boys were not up to it. The ride up, will give you a 360 degrees view of the Sentosa Island. A sunset ride would have been splendid.
- Fort Siloso - I figured the boys will be too tired to roam around.
- Port of Lost World - We have been to Legoland Waterpark previously and there is a pool at Festive, so a miss to another waterpark attraction is forgivable.
- To Get or Not to Get a Tour Package?
- Suggest you decide first what attractions you want to see. There are numerous travel agencies offering combo tickets for discounted prices. We decided to get ours from Sentosa online for convenience sake.
- Do the math and compute if you would be able to maximize the day pass/package cost.
- Note as well that doing more than 4 attractions might mean rushing through the activities.
- Entrance to Sentosa via taxi is free if you are booked in any of Sentosa Hotels. Just present an SMS or a print out copy of your hotel booking.
- Upon check-in request for a Sentosa Express pass. This would allow you to enter and leave Sentosa without having to pay for Sentosa Express tickets.
- Singapore weather is fairly predictable. It rains almost daily in the afternoon, although this only lasts for 1-2 hours. December has the most downpour. Do not let the weather eat out your vacation so come prepared for anything.
- wear comfortable shoes, which is okay to get wet.
- bring umbrella to shield
- bring ponchos (light/plastic raincoats)
- face towel
DAY 6 - Simply amazing!
Day 1 - Singapore City
Day 2 and 3 - LEGOLAND Malaysia
Day 4 - Jurong Bird Park and Science Center
Day 5 - Singapore Zoo (with breakfast with the Orangutans)
Day 6 - Sentosa Island
Day 7 - Universal Studio Singapore
Day 8 - SEA Aquarium and Vivo City