We wanted a hotel along Orchard Road, but find most of the hotels quite expensive. We were truly delighted to have chanced upon the Royal Plaza on Scotts (RPoS), which was our Singapore home for 5 days.
Check-in was spot on easy.
I emailed the hotel a night before our scheduled check-in to inform them of our estimated arrival in Singapore, which was early in the morning (Note, that I did not specify for an early check-in, but was hoping they would take a queue). We were delighted to be ushered to our room right away and it was only 11am.
Location simply perfect.
RPoS is an affordable first class accommodation in one of Singapore's prime location. It located at Scotts Road which is a few steps away the famous Orchard Road. Truly ideal for some mega shopping.
RPoS is about 300 meters away from an MRT station. There is also a bus stop just outside the hotel and a taxi station, with the hotel's good old bellhops ready to hail a taxi for you anytime.
Our mode of transportation in Singapore is via taxi. RPoS is never more than SGD20 away from most of Singapore's favorite attractions.
A hotel with pluses!
We were upgraded to a Royal Club Premier for the entire duration of our stay.
All rooms, except for the Suites are only 32 sq. meters, but inarguably spic and span.
The following are free with all types of room accommodations:
- In-room Nespresso machine (we saved a couple of dollars on coffee)
- High-speed WIFI/wired Internet for multiple devices (really fast)
- Mini-bar with snacks (re-stocked daily)
The upgrade gave us access to Royal Club Lounge worth over SGD190++, which included:
- Afternoon tea
- Evening cocktails
- All-day coffee/tea/soft drinks
- Breakfasts for 2 at award-winning Carousel or exclusive Royal Club Lounge (we had ours at the Carousel)
- Pressing of 1 suit per stay
- Priority check-in at Royal Club Lounge
- Use of Royal Club Lounge meeting room (1 hour)
- Luxury toiletries (L'occitane was so much better than the standard brands)
- Dream bed by Simmons (ultra comfortable, we wake-up refreshed and rested)
We enjoyed every minute of our stay at the Royal Plaza on Scotts. Our next vacation in Singapore would definitely be a stay at the RPoS.
Royal Plaza on Scotts
25 Scotts Road, Orchard, Singapore 228220 (View map)
Contact Numbers: (65) 6737 7966(65) 6737 7966