We came on a busy holiday, so half of our time was spent lining up for queues. We have not much choice really as our entire vacation coincided with the Christmas Holiday. The crowd lightened up though, at about 6pm.
As it was Christmas, the theme park time was extended to upto 930pm, so that was an additional 3 hours rides' time (Note that most of the shows last performances were at 7pm).
Our USS Itinerary:
- 930am - Breakfast at Slappy Cakes. Quite expensive, food wasn't that great either. The boys did enjoy making their own hotcakes though.
- 10am - USS
- Lights, Camera, Action (hosted by Steven Spielberg) was just awesome. You get to see a studio transform into a backdrop to a major hurricane in NYC.
- Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase bring you to a space adventure with the Sesame Street gang in search for the missing spaghetti. This one is for kids and I suggest you skip unless riding with children.
- Transformers The Ride: The Ultimate 3D Battle is a must, must try! If the queue is long, do not hesitate to get a Universal Express pass. Lining up can sometimes take forever and you wouldn't want to waste precious time.
- 1pm Lunch at Goldilocks, Far Far Away. Prices inside the park is triple compared to costs outside (Note: You can leave the park and request for (same day) re-admission, by presenting your USS tickets and hand stamped).
- Revenge of the Mummy* is an indoor roller coaster thrill ride, not for the faint of heart. You would be asked to deposit bags and loose belongings. You would know why, once you begin the ride.
- Treasure Hunters takes you into a dessert jeep ride in an abandoned Egyptian excavation site.
- WaterWorld* show is one of our USS highlights. The boys were awed by the breathtaking stunts and awesome explosions. Note: Don't seat on the blue colored seats less you want to get soaked.
- Dino-Soarin. My boy won't leave the Lost World without a piloting his own dinosaur. It is a ride we have here in Manila and I must say a 30 minute waiting was an absolute waste of time, but how can I say no to my dinosaur flyer kiddo?
- Shrek 4D* takes you up close to Fiona and Shrek's fairytale adventure. Must try as well, very entertaining.
- Enchanted Airways* is a roller coaster ride. I initially thought it was a mini-roller coaster for kids, but was wrong. It has the scary loops of full roller coaster and was ultra fast. I was a bit scared for the kiddos and my husband (who hates roller coasters).
- Madagascar: A Crate Adventure is a funny and amusing trip to Madagascar on a river boat.
- King Julien's Beach Party-Go-Round is a carousel ride.
Rides we missed, because the boys were already too tired:
- Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure* a river rapid ride similar to Enchanted Kingdom's Jungle Log Jump
- Canopy Flyer* an upside down roller coaster ride
- Magic Potion Spin a ferris wheel for children
- Donkey Live an interactive live show hosted by Shrek's sidekick Donkey.
Note: The attractions with "*" must not to be missed.
Check out the rest of our Singapore-Malaysia escapade here:
Day 1 - Singapore City
Day 2 and 3 - LEGOLAND Malaysia
Day 4 - Jurong Bird Park and Science Center
Day 5 - Singapore Zoo (with breakfast with the Orangutans)
Day 6 - Sentosa Island
Day 7 - Universal Studio Singapore
Day 8 - SEA Aquarium and Vivo City