Saturday, August 6, 2016

Oakwood Premier (Joy-Nostalg Center Manila) ~ A Fine Retreat in the Ortigas Urban Jungle

We again scored big discount on our latest hotel staycation via the Traveloka booking site. 

We needed to stay at the Ortigas Central Business district area and decided to book at the Oakwood Premier (Joy-Nostalg Center) ~ wondering if the excellent online rating was real!

We entered via the ADB Avenue entrance and was led to a short hallway leading to the hotel lobby (the hotel's main entrance and basement parking access was via Topaz Street)

The lobby was medium sized but impressively decorated.





We were really pleased with the a one bedroom suite that we booked. It was huge at about 90sqm ~ talk about space.

There is a separate bedroom with a king-sized bed, that screams "STAYCATION". 

(Note: There is also a television inside the bedroom, on top of the television in the living room and bathroom). 

Definitely no fighting over TV here!


A working kitchen ~ fully-equipped with microwave and convention oven, vitroceramic cook top, dishwasher, refrigerator, toaster, rice cooker, coffee maker, crockery and cooking utensils.





A dining area that fits 4.



The living room comes with a home entertainment system (40" LCD TV and sound bar home theater system). 
Cable channel options were quite good too.




A full work space ~ for business travelers (actually there are two of them, one in the living room and another one in the bedroom).



My favorite place in the suite is the all-modern/luxury bathroom (free-standing bathtub, double sink, shower stall with rainshower and STEAM GENERATOR).

Dual Sink


Free Standing bath tub ~ warm bath while watching TV anyone?



My very own in-shower steam (truly relaxing and such a perfect way to unwind and de-stress)! 



The rooms also come with all the essentials to make your stay comfortable ~
toiletries, bath robes, iron and ironing board and even a washer/dryer. They thought of everything.






Our stay comes with buffet breakfast at the famed The Nostalgia Dining Lounge ~ the place was classy and posh with an eclectic design. 



The buffet spread was varied and very good.   




We checked the hotel pool, but never got to try it.

It was well kept and clean.  My son, decided last minute that he wanted to try the bath tub, while watching TV (Yes the TV won it).




VERDICT:
  • Location is perfect. It is just a stroll away from Podium, Mega Mall, Robinson's and St. Francis Square.    
  • Fast and efficient check-in,  although I was a bit disappointed that check-in time was a little later than I am used to (3pm, instead of the usual standard 2pm).
  • Staff were attentive and pleasant!
  • Our room is clean, spacious and comes complete with all of our needs.
  • The Ortigas skyline view from our  room's floor to ceiling window was wonderful. It was nice sipping coffee, while we lose our gaze in the multitude of lights outside. 
  • For the bathroom alone, I am giving Oakwood an A+.       I so want an in-shower steam at home!
 
My family hands down love Oakwood Premier and we would definitely be back soon!


It is a luxury-business hotel, perfect for those who wants to mix business with leisure!  ...Or families who just want a retreat in the urban jungle. 


Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila is located at
17 ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City.
For direct booking and inquiries:

Tel: (63-2) 637 7888 / (63-2) 910 8888
Fax: (63-2) 706 7777
Email: premiermanila@oakwoodasia.com
www.oakwood.com

For Traveloka bookings check their webpage or download Traveloka mobile application:

38 comments:

  1. This is a nice review. Thank you. You really got me there to consider the place should we opt to stay within Ortigas. Though we usually eat outside during staycation, it wouldnt hurt to have a kitchen as well. It comes very handy should we reheat leftovers and eat it there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sis! We really enjoyed our stay here ~ the unit is spacious, the bed comfortable and the bathroom, I was not joking when I said I want one like this one at home...

      Delete
  2. Who wouldn't love a staycation? wow, this place is nice and clean without doubt! Plus it's in Ortigas! It has everything that want in a staycation - pool, bath tub, I love all of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nilyn, I would skip the NLEX and SLEX traffic and choose nearby hotels staycation anytime. Yes the place is really lovely and location is great (in the heath of Ortigas).

      Delete
  3. This hotel is still on my bucket list, ang mahal kasi niya but I will check the Traveloka rates baka mas cheaper. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know, I have been eyeing Oakwood for sometime now and I am always turned off with the price. I was excited to see it cheaper in Traveloka. The travel site was also running a 15% promo when I booked so I got it at an even cheaper price. Antay lang ng good deal :P

      Delete
  4. I've been eyeing this hotel for a staycation.. Thanks for the heads up! I love the bath tub! With lots of bubbles! And their pool too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bath tub and pool were great, but the steam bath I cannot stress how happy I was with it!!!

      Delete
  5. Oohh would love to stay in that hotel, too! Super sarap! Love that the bath tub has it's own TV hehe! The pool looks so nice, sayang you weren't able to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it right, my youngest spent hours in the bath tub watching TV.

      Delete
  6. It seems like a great experience for you and your family. I never had any experience with staycationing in a grand hotel like Oakwood. I hope to experience it with my family, too, someday. In God's time and will siguro. Hehe. By the way, I am in awe of how spacious the room is! Parang mas malaki pa sa house namin. Haha! Literal na napa-wow ako sa photos mo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malaki talaga yung lugar. Hindi ko rin akalain na ganoon kalaki. We got it at a discounted price sa Traveloka (even cheaper than buying it direct sa Oakwood).

      Delete
  7. wow this hotel looks great. I love their bed room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melisa, how is your little ZD?

      Oakwood is nice no? You should bring your husband here pag bakasyon siya :P

      Delete
  8. That was one posh hotel that surely pampers the whole family! I love how they have anticipated the needs of their guests by providing almost everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think their main target market at long staying corporate individuals, hence the service apartment appeal. I think it is good too for big family stacations since you can actually cook meals inside the unit.

      Delete
  9. Wow that is one elegant space! A TV screen in the bathroom never occurred to me, but seeing that picture, now it makes sense lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sis, this is the 2nd time I saw a TV inside a bathroom. The other one is at Le Monet in Baguio. My youngest spent hours in the tub watching tv.

      Delete
  10. Miss ko na ang staycation. Mahilig din kami sa staycation ng family ko kasi perfect sya for u with a toddler. Malapit lang, and relaxing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, you also save time, gasoline and traffic... if you choose staycation nearby. Minsan kasi you get stressed more in traffic heading out NLEX/SLEX than the actual vacation.

      Delete
  11. The bed does beckon for a staycation, doesn't it? Mejo late nga ang check in at 3pm, but did your stay get extended at least an hour from the usual checkout?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi May, we actually did not ask for an extension as we have another event we need to go to that afternoon. 1 hours is not a big deal really, but other hotels we have been to allows early check-in, especially if there are not much bookings. We were the only ones checking in that time, so I am guessing they are not as full - but were still made to wait regardless (an extra mile on the hotels side would have been wonderful, just saying)!

      Delete
  12. Our family loves staycations! I've read a lot good reviews of Oakwood and I have to admit, the idea of relaxing on the tub while watching TV is a winning combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love that bathroom. I could inside for hours, but my youngest beat me to the tub :P

      Delete
  13. We haven't had a staycation in a while, we would definitely love to stay here! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sis, it is a good choice really. It is nice, spacious and new. Breakfast food is good too.

      Delete
  14. Cool! I didn't know that Joy-Nostalg Centre is a hotel, hahaha! Whenever I see the building, I'd always ask what's in there. Maybe this is the perfect time to get to know more (and experience) the "joy" it brings. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This hotel looks good. I agree that it has a good location. This makes it ideal for those who want to go out and eat nearby or shop. I like the pool also. Looks inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm I think my twins would love the bathtub! at malapit lang sya ha, better check the rates fro traveloka.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure your children will love the tub. They also have a pool ha, it was huge and clean and there is a stationed lifeguard. We got really good rates via Traveloka ~ they were running a 15% promo when I booked so I got an even cheaper rates. Antay lang ng promo :P

      Delete
  17. Wow! The facilities looks great! I love the kitchen, it's so complete. Our wedding anniversary is approaching and I'm looking for a great place to celebrate with the family. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mhaan, the kitchen is cute and complete. Pero I would not recommend cooking on your special day... Oakwood is so close Podium and Galleria and with plenty of nice restaurants around. Then bring a nice bottle of wine with you(did I mention the view from above is great), that would be romantic. Baka masundan agad si Cloud :P

      Delete
  18. That was one lovely hotel room! We haven't tried spending a night at Oakwood Premier because it's so near our place. We want somewhere farther. -- Maria Teresa Figuerres

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that there's a working kitchen! It sure feels so much like home with all the amenities. The pool looks so refreshing! It must have been a very nice staycation for you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lucky you mommy! Sobrang ganda ng room and the bathtub with tv is a wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Angel we had a wonderful stay here at Oakwood. Breakfast was quite good too.

      Delete
  21. This is really near my working place. The hotels looks really nice and well-clean.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Been itching for a staycation, but the husband prefers long drives. Lol! Will definitely consider this, but first, I have to convince him first :))

    ReplyDelete

Visita Iglesia ~ via Laguna Loop

The Visita Iglesia refers to one of the Filipino Catholics' popular traditions of visiting at least seven churches during Holy Week on ...