This Mama just turned 40 (and proud)!
I was never a fan of big birthday celebrations. I always prefer spending quiet and quality time with my family.
So on my 40th birthday, we decided to book a room at the Acuaverde Beach Resort in Laiya Batangas.
Laiya is located 140 km south of Manila equivalent to about a 3-hours drive (assuming there is no traffic) which makes it perfect for a quick beach getaway from the busy metro.
We are not new to Laiya's kilometers stretch of pristine beach. We have been here a couple of time in the past, but this is our first time in Acuaverde and given our experience, it would probably not be the last.
Here is why we fell in love with beautiful Acuaverde....
1. Lush green surroundings with direct access to the beach.
2. Well kept facilities.
3. Clean-luxe guest rooms complete with all of basic necessities. There is even a hair dryer and bidet.
- LCD TV with cable channels
- Hot and cold shower
- Wi-Fi access
-Complimentary coffee and tea
-Safety deposit box
It was a luxurious hotel right next to nature. We stayed at the 2nd floor Casa Brisa with a private veranda that provides a grand view of the ocean. It is a huge room with 2 double beds that can comfortably sleep 4 adults.
We were billed at the second floor.
Comfortable beds and clean sheets - we had a good night sleep.
Glass doors and windows give the room a wonderful view of the beach and lush green surroundings outside.
Sunny day outside...
It was a long way down though... if you are travelling with senior citizens, please make sure you inform the resort at point of booking, so that you get a ground floor room.
The foot wash concept is cute
(clean feet... clean room...)
5. Wonderful massage at the Simona Spa. Make sure you place an appointment in advance to get your preferred schedule, especially if the resort is full packed. On hour body massage cost about P600+.
6. I was a little disappointed that there is no swimming pool, however there are plenty of other bonding activities for friends and families. That plus we were so enthralled with the view of the ocean, we never had time to miss the pool.
Check out the Al Fresco Bar - they have board games, dart games, foosball and even table tennis. And if you are hungry they also have short orders here.
Other resort activities include: banana boat, twin banana boat, fly fish, jet ski, fly board, parasailing, speed boat...
Ask for fish feeds from the receptionist. They give this out free.
My youngest, lost in thought :P
Beach bumming is the greatest!
6. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is part of the package (most Laiya resorts do this). All we had to do was relax and have fun. Food is served at the Cocina.
We left Manila late and was stucked in traffic. We arrived late and famished and ordered light merienda... we were a bit shocked since when our orders came, they were really huge and nothing close to light.
When in Batangas, order their specialty LOMI
All meals were served buffet style.... spread is plenty and quickly refilled. I have read in the other reviews that food was a bit bland, but they were definitely fine by our standards.
7. Efficient and sincerely amiable staff. You can feel their honest desire to serve from the moment you enter the resort gates.
I was really surprised... when the crew came out with a cake on hand singing a Happy Birthday song. Oh and I have a balloon too...
8. Peace and tranquility ~ truly rested! Mission accomplished.
Garcia-Rosario-San Juan-Candelaria Road
San Juan, Batangas, 4226
San Juan, Batangas, 4226
For Bookings and Inquiries:
Phone: (+632) 847 0953, (+632) 403 1899
Globe - 0927-6807839 / 0916-4057388
Smart: 0939-9548464 / 0928-8543805
Or visit their website ACUAVERDE RESORT