Saturday, May 12, 2018

Day 2 in Seoul - Part 2 (War Memorial of Korea, Grevin Wax Museum and the funny Nanta Show)

After our visit to the War Memorial of Korea we made our way back to Myeongdong Station and walked to the Myeongdong Cathedral. The church is about 400 meters away from the station exit and a fairly easy walk.




Our next stop from after the Myeongdong Cathedral is the Grevin Wax Museum.  It is an 800 meters walk towards Euljiro ga-1 Station.

TIP:  For some reason Google Map doesn't work in Seoul.  We used NAVER Application Map in navigating Seoul. I suggest you save yourself some trouble and download this application before your Seoul trip.


Grevin Wax Museum ~ Rubbing elbows with the rich and famous.

We have been to the Madame Tussaud in Singapore and Hongkong and the Grevin wax figures on display were pretty much the same as the ones in Madame Tussaud's (except of course for the few Korean celebrities present), however, Grevin Seoul is delightfully interactive.  

Scanning your tickets barcode allows you to do fun activities, like play basketball with Michael Jordan, roulette gambling with the cast of Ocean Eleven and take a quiz with Albert Einstein and Steve Jobs, etc.


My son against The Bruce Lee.

Clowning with The Mr. US President Wannabe



It was hard to day "no photo" to these KDrama idols
(Note:" Crazy poses courtesy of my husband) ...  


Yong Jun Bae, one of the Korean Actors who started the Hallyu wave in Asia with his Winter Sonata (A tear jerker Korean Telenovela that made me cry a bucket and left my eyes swollen from too much crying)



With the hottie Lee Min Ho of the Legend of Blue Sea (Feeling like a #Mermaid)



Hyun Bin of The Secret Garden



And Kim Soo Hyun of My Love from the Stars


Others in the gallery are


Vincent van Gogh



Andy Warhol and Marilyn Monroe


My husband striking a "pogi" pose with the Sexiest Avenger  "Scalett Johannson".

Playing famous at The Grevin left us famished and tired.  We went back to Metro Hotel to rest our tired feet a bit and dined at the Two Two Chicken before heading to the Nanta Theatre also just a block away from our hotel (I really love our hotel's location ~ so accessible to just about everything) 





 Two Two Chicken just officially became my youngest son's favorite Korean chicken :P
Then off to our final item in our Day 2 in our itinerary ~ The Cookin' Nanta.  There are a lot of non-verbal shows in Korea and I highly recommend you see one.  We've seen both Nanta and Jump and found both very amusing.  My youngest commented "he can't breath well due too much laughing".  We booked both shows through Klook as well.





Busy Day 2!  

Please follow our Day 3 in Seoul and join us, as we visit Gyeongbokgung Palace,  National Folk Museum, Jogyesa Temple and Korean Folk Village.   


You will find below the links to our Seoul Itinerary.







3 comments:

  1. We're not fond of wax museum so we haven't visited Madame Tussauds, hanggang labas lang kami lagi. When we went to Bangkok, I include Madame Tussauds in our itinerary but few days before our trip, I changed my mind. Pero napaisip ako dito sa Grevin Wax Museum kasi may mga oppa pala. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love it when you mentioned it's interactive. I imagine it talaga that you need to.scan the ticket then you can do fun activities na.
    My boys for one would surely love playing basketball with Michael Jordan. As for this mother, I love to have a photo with Vincent Van Gogh. He looks a lot younger there, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the interior of Myeongdong Cathedral, whenever we are visiting to new places, visiting to local church is always on my itinerary. Been seeing Grevin Museum photos on my feed and I'm really feel amused because they really look like the real ones. It's good to know that there are also fun activities like taking quiz with Albert Einstein and Steve Jobs. How cool!

    ReplyDelete

Visita Iglesia ~ via Laguna Loop

The Visita Iglesia refers to one of the Filipino Catholics' popular traditions of visiting at least seven churches during Holy Week on ...