Saturday, May 25, 2013

Rowilda's Abel Iloco

 
Abels are Ilocos regions's traditional wooven textile made from yards of cotton. 
 
Abel textiles are produced into blankets, bedsheets, pillow cases, washcloths table napkins, bags and purses, table runners... the list goes on!
 
You can get your abel from the Vigan public market or Calle Crisologo. 
 
Since I wanted to see first hand how abels are made,  I just have to get mine from one of the local weavers Rowilda's at barangay Camanggaan.
 
Prices are just about the same in Calle Crisologo, unless you are buying in bulk. 
 


I bought table napkins, wash clothes and blankets for pasalubong, however, when we reached Manila, I can't seem to part with abel buys.  I decided to keep them all (hahaha).  The blankets are well made and very soft ~ I regret not buying more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visita Iglesia ~ via Laguna Loop

The Visita Iglesia refers to one of the Filipino Catholics' popular traditions of visiting at least seven churches during Holy Week on ...